Welcome. :)

Welcome to my blog. Here I share my successes and failures along my journey to becoming an anthropologist. My most prominent interest anthropologically are the new approaches to handing food security/healthy eating in the US, particularly in urban "food deserts". I enjoy the Anthropology of Tourism as well; combining food and tourism has scholarly promise. My other interests which have converted into anthropological hobbies of sorts include converts to Islam, diaspora of Muslims, and MENA in general. I also have some interest in historical archaeology.

I welcome comments, discussion and even respectful debating. I will however keep discussions to a respectable level. I reserve the right to ban anyone from this forum.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

classes in the fall

Fall semester is fast approaching. I am 3 semesters away from the degree I have been working hard for. Here is my tentative list of classes.

ANT 3145 - ARCHAEOLOGY COMPLEX SOCIETIES
ANT 3312 - ETHNOLOGY OF N.AMERN INDIANS
ANT 3640 - LANGUAGE AND CULTURE
ANT 4702 - CULTURE, POWER AND DEVELOPMENT
ARA 1120C - ELE ARABIC LANGUAGE & CIV I

I am seeing my advisor tomorrow to finalize this. I hope she does not want me to change anything. I like my schedule. I have 2 Middle Eastern Studies classes in the spring and 3 anthropology courses.

I am trying to aquire funding for 3 classes at Harvard in the summer. If I can get the funding and manage to sign up for the classes, I will not be honors in the major at UCF. Well, actually, I may be able to now that I think of it. I can research in the spring and write the thesis in the summer while I am at Harvard. This is all sounding so overwhelming. I am completely thinking outloud here. :)
My honors thesis requires 2 semesters and it is worth 2 electives. I really want to go to Harvard.

anthrogeek10

No comments: