Welcome. :)

Welcome to my blog. Here I share my successes and failures along my journey to becoming an anthropologist. My most prominent interest anthropologically are the new approaches to handing food security/healthy eating in the US, particularly in urban "food deserts". I enjoy the Anthropology of Tourism as well; combining food and tourism has scholarly promise. My other interests which have converted into anthropological hobbies of sorts include converts to Islam, diaspora of Muslims, and MENA in general. I also have some interest in historical archaeology.

I welcome comments, discussion and even respectful debating. I will however keep discussions to a respectable level. I reserve the right to ban anyone from this forum.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First day of classes

The laziness is over....time to get to work. lol

I drove here super early to work out at the gym. I don't have the syllabi for the classes yet so I am playing the waiting game. I have the computer and a few books to keep me occupied. I am rarely bored in the traditional sense. I go though periods of stillness and quiet without an actual goal in mind. I love those times.

I am reading (1/2over) The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. My sisters both said that book changed their life. I could use a life change so I picked it up. Literally. I had bought it and it was in one of my bookshelves.

Arabic is making me nervous but Culture, Power and Development seems like it will be the bomb.

anthrogeek10

No comments: