Welcome. :)

Welcome to my blog. Here I share my successes and failures along my journey to becoming an anthropologist. My most prominent interest anthropologically are the new approaches to handing food security/healthy eating in the US, particularly in urban "food deserts". I enjoy the Anthropology of Tourism as well; combining food and tourism has scholarly promise. My other interests which have converted into anthropological hobbies of sorts include converts to Islam, diaspora of Muslims, and MENA in general. I also have some interest in historical archaeology.

I welcome comments, discussion and even respectful debating. I will however keep discussions to a respectable level. I reserve the right to ban anyone from this forum.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

off until further notice.

Due to personal issues, I will not be blogging for a while. I want to but I am having some problems.

anthrogeek10

6 comments:

Chiara said...

Take care, and hope you are back soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no, well take care and you can always message me on facebook if you need to talk. :)

Anthrogeek10 said...

Thanks ladies. Just some marriage problems (big ones) . Joy. Why do we do this...?

Anonymous said...

Choose one: insanity, love, lust.
Or, all of the above. ;)

Lisa said...

Hi. Hope to see you writing again soon. Only words can express feelings and only words can help communicate and ease burden.

In the mean time, I'll checkout your old posts and google the meaning of anthropologist. I have some idea but better learn more.

Take care.

Anthrogeek10 said...

Ocean:

Thanks. I don't put alot of personal stuff up here because employers and universities look on blogs. I want to keep the blog an open one.

Just some marriage issues. I want to blog. I know the more personal I get, the more readers I may get. lol

Anthropology is the study of humans in all space in time. Arachaeology, socio-cultural, linguistic and physical or biological. I am focused in socio-cultural. I want to specialize somewhere in the Islamic world, maybe Pakistan. If the political climate lessens. Insh'Allah.
anthrogeek10