Welcome. :)

Welcome to my blog. Here I share my successes and failures along my journey to becoming an anthropologist. My most prominent interest anthropologically are the new approaches to handing food security/healthy eating in the US, particularly in urban "food deserts". I enjoy the Anthropology of Tourism as well; combining food and tourism has scholarly promise. My other interests which have converted into anthropological hobbies of sorts include converts to Islam, diaspora of Muslims, and MENA in general. I also have some interest in historical archaeology.

I welcome comments, discussion and even respectful debating. I will however keep discussions to a respectable level. I reserve the right to ban anyone from this forum.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hodge Podge

Semester is all done, alhamdullilah! :) I know 2 out of 4 of my grades officially. I have 2 professors dragging their feet! I am pretty sure of A's in everything. I did earn a 94% in Human Species and a 97% in Sex, Gender and Culture! Cool beans! SOOO thrilled. I am sure of an A in my Peoples of the World and pretty sure in Cultural Anthropology (exam grades average 94%).

I have a neat schedule for the fall but am considering changing it so I can put behind me a class I am dreading.

Here is the current schedule:
Islam and its Empires (T/Th in the morning)
The Modern Middle East (T/Th early afternoon)
Magic, Ritual and Belief (online)
Nutritional Anthropology (Wend pm does not effect my ability to work)

I HAVE TO carve out time to be able to work during the week. thats just the way it is and thus, I cannot drop the online class for Human Origins (the class I am dreading) because then, I will be at school 5 (gasp!) days a week. As much as I LOVE school, this chica has to work (unfortunately).

If I drop the two classes in my minor, I will take M, W, and F classes and be able to work T/Th. Not good. I need to work more than 3 days a week (at least have the option). Sea World is my other job where I will only get 1 day iin the spring!


I think I know that I will end up keeping the schedule I have. I am betting on acing the next semester too so I hope for a high achievement scholarship for the fall (allow me to work less and go to school 5 days a week).

anthrogeek10

No comments: