Welcome. :)

Welcome to my blog. Here I share my successes and failures along my journey to becoming an anthropologist. My most prominent interest anthropologically are the new approaches to handing food security/healthy eating in the US, particularly in urban "food deserts". I enjoy the Anthropology of Tourism as well; combining food and tourism has scholarly promise. My other interests which have converted into anthropological hobbies of sorts include converts to Islam, diaspora of Muslims, and MENA in general. I also have some interest in historical archaeology.

I welcome comments, discussion and even respectful debating. I will however keep discussions to a respectable level. I reserve the right to ban anyone from this forum.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Food coma!

I am now in a self induced food coma. Caused by too much Pad Thai with veg. Of course it had loads of peanut sauce. It was soooo good though! I need to lose weight. I will work on that once I find a job and my summer normalizes. I need to know where money is coming from. I am not in the mood to be homeless...not after all I have done this year and what not. No one is in the mood to be homeless I guess. :) That is what it will come down to if no suitable job comes along. However, I have a strong faith in God/Allah and that He will provide for me. I am not ready to go down just yet.

Just ate more of the yumminess. I need to but the brakes on the over eating. I am sick of how I look and feel.

Two people reading my blog...difficult to have too many debates but lets see how it goes.I needed it private and I think that was a good idea....may open it up in the Fall again. Ah well....time to get ready for another stressful long week. I do not feel rested.

anthrogeek10

2 comments:

TRG said...

What a coincidence! Yesterday I was just thinking I need to get back on track with losing weight. I gained back some of the weight I lost in January on the no sugar/carbs diet. My weakness is food. If something tastes good, I tend to over-indulge. We can do it sis!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on privatizing your blog! I have taken you off my blog roll for that reason.

Hmmm. Last week was a big Thai food week so, no comment! LOL :)