Welcome. :)

Welcome to my blog. Here I share my successes and failures along my journey to becoming an anthropologist. My most prominent interest anthropologically are the new approaches to handing food security/healthy eating in the US, particularly in urban "food deserts". I enjoy the Anthropology of Tourism as well; combining food and tourism has scholarly promise. My other interests which have converted into anthropological hobbies of sorts include converts to Islam, diaspora of Muslims, and MENA in general. I also have some interest in historical archaeology.

I welcome comments, discussion and even respectful debating. I will however keep discussions to a respectable level. I reserve the right to ban anyone from this forum.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

School schedule

I have my official school schedule down for the next two semesters. I am still deciding (I will need help from my advisor making the decision) about being Honors in the Major. I will need more funding to make this happen. For sure. That would mean adding a class to my already full load for two semesters to do research and a thesis. I will have to see....

Well, here is my schedule from Summer 09-Spring 2010

Summer 09-Introduction to Archaeology

Fall 09-
Archaeology of Complex Societies
Ethnography of American Indians
Arabic (totally baby arabic! lol)
Culture, Power and Development
Language and Culture.

Spring 2010-
History of Anthropological Thought
Human Origins
Arabic (second baby arabic...lol)
World Religions.
Research my thesis topic (converts to Islam and identity)


Summer 10
I hope to squeeze some course in the summer OR write my thesis (if thats my choosing) this time

Fall 2010 St this point, this is so NOT set but this is tentative)

Politics of the Middle East
Arabic (3rd baby arabic...lol)
Islamic Thought and Culture
Modern Middle East (maybe summer IF online)This is the encore class. I dropped it this semester.
Moses, Jesus and Mohammed


Taking this minor is a good thing but has really set me back more than I needed to be. I feel a bit down on myself now....I need to give myself a break...

anthrogeek10

Oh...grad date is ideally Dec 2010 yippie.

No comments: