Welcome. :)

Welcome to my blog. Here I share my successes and failures along my journey to becoming an anthropologist. My most prominent interest anthropologically are the new approaches to handing food security/healthy eating in the US, particularly in urban "food deserts". I enjoy the Anthropology of Tourism as well; combining food and tourism has scholarly promise. My other interests which have converted into anthropological hobbies of sorts include converts to Islam, diaspora of Muslims, and MENA in general. I also have some interest in historical archaeology.

I welcome comments, discussion and even respectful debating. I will however keep discussions to a respectable level. I reserve the right to ban anyone from this forum.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Growth

I never thought someone could grow while earning their bachelors degree but I must say, I have. Particularly at UCF. I have learned so much more about the world around me and I am looking forward to moving along to the next phase of this process. Many times, I put so much emphasis on *finishing*, I do not enjoy the process. I had my snakes vet tell me once..."Enjoy the process...don't live completely for what is to come..". I tend to forget these words alot; more than I should.

Speaking of growth, I need to go and plow through the Abassid Empire stuff not to mention the Ottomans and Safavids. lol

anthrogeek10 who wants this semester to end. Less than one week to learn the ups and downs of the 600 year Ottoman Empire...

No comments: