Welcome. :)

Welcome to my blog. Here I share my successes and failures along my journey to becoming an anthropologist. My most prominent interest anthropologically are the new approaches to handing food security/healthy eating in the US, particularly in urban "food deserts". I enjoy the Anthropology of Tourism as well; combining food and tourism has scholarly promise. My other interests which have converted into anthropological hobbies of sorts include converts to Islam, diaspora of Muslims, and MENA in general. I also have some interest in historical archaeology.

I welcome comments, discussion and even respectful debating. I will however keep discussions to a respectable level. I reserve the right to ban anyone from this forum.

Friday, October 3, 2008

frustrations

I am so irritated. I know I shouldn't be though. My husband is a wonderful, loving man. No doubt. Problem now is that Sea World, where he works (I do too) cut his hours to 3 days. Umm...thats not good. He needs a JOB that pays a living wage. Since he is off for 4 days out of the week, I was hoping he would take the initiative to clean the place. Umm..no. Guess not. I ask him to do dishes and what not and he DOES do them. His standards are not up to mine. Most of the women know what I mean. A friend of mine gave me the number of a housecleaner. I am tempted to use her. I go to school and take 4 classes and work more now that we need the money. next week is full time school and full time work fun. I canceled a sub job today due to the fact that I have homework due by the end of the day. Plus, I need to buy a printer at Office Max. I need one.

My apartment, on another note is driving me batty. They have major plumbing ussues regularly and shut our water off regularly. If not all the water, then just the hot water. They leave notices when it suits them. I don't get these notices on our door. Its rediculous. I complained but he was condescending to me and I told him so!! Big ass. I almost want to move but electric is included in our rent. Florida=hot=air=high electic bills. We also have snakes. The iguana is not with me now due to our small place but one day......

Off to do an assignment. I am taking The Human Species and they are discussing mammalian traits....all things I know already, which is a change!

peace out...
anthrogeek10

No comments: