Welcome. :)

Welcome to my blog. Here I share my successes and failures along my journey to becoming an anthropologist. My most prominent interest anthropologically are the new approaches to handing food security/healthy eating in the US, particularly in urban "food deserts". I enjoy the Anthropology of Tourism as well; combining food and tourism has scholarly promise. My other interests which have converted into anthropological hobbies of sorts include converts to Islam, diaspora of Muslims, and MENA in general. I also have some interest in historical archaeology.

I welcome comments, discussion and even respectful debating. I will however keep discussions to a respectable level. I reserve the right to ban anyone from this forum.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

schedule

Summer 09
Introduction to Archaeology online-nice easy class to knock out.

Here is my schedule for fall 09. I think this is basically a set deal.

ANT 3145 - ARCHAEOLOGY COMPLEX SOCIETIES
ANT 3312 - ETHNOLOGY OF N.AMERN INDIANS (online)
ANT 4702 - CULTURE, POWER AND DEVELOPMENT
ARA 1120C - ELE ARABIC LANGUAGE & CIV I
ANT 3640-Language and Culture


Spring 10-subject to change I tell ya! LOL Looks like I will have fun in the spring! I say that will all sincerity. :-) Oh...I may need to drop Human Origins to do research for my senior thesis. We shall see. I will of course need to move that class to another semester.

Actually, the spring one is up in the air at this point.

ANT 4034 - HISTORY ANTHRO THOUGHT
ANT 4586 - HUMAN ORIGINS
ARA 1121C - ELE ARABIC LANGUAGE & CIV II
REL 2300 - WORLD RELIGIONS

2 comments:

Strawberrylife said...

You're making me miss university!! I loved having all my subjects lined up, my classes planned.
I studied in Australia (where I live( Psychology with minor studies in Chinese and Latin. I would loved to have done anthropology if it was on offer at our littl uni.
Good on you!

Anthrogeek10 said...

Thanks. I love the major and the minor is a passion of mine.

Did you aquire your masters yet? You may be able to do that. ;)

anthrogeek10